go to hird Judicial District Court home page

Youth Court as Alternative

If you are considering admitting to an underage tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, or drug paraphernalia charge, you may want to consider a new approach to this offense -- YOUTH COURT.

1. You will admit to the charge, give up all legal defenses, and sign an Order directing you to appear in Youth Court at the ________ County Courthouse located at ________________________________ at a specific date and time.

2. You will be sentenced by high school or junior high school jurors, except for driving suspensions imposed by the Judge. A Judge of the Third Judicial District, State of Idaho, will be present.

3. If you satisfactorily complete the Youth Court sentence, the charge will be completely dismissed.

4. A parent/guardian must appear with the Defendant at Youth Court.

5. You must be seventeen (17) years of age or younger and must not have been a Youth Court defendant before this time.

By agreeing to be sentenced by Youth Court, I agree to give up any rights I may have to keep my case confidential under the Juvenile Corrections Act.

If you choose Youth Court, please sign that you understand the above and the Clerk will assist you with the proper paperwork.

Dated: _____________________Signed: ______________________________,Defendant

Dated: ____________________ Signed: _________________________,Parent/Guardian

Important Information

Top of Page